How can counseling help me?
Counseling is an opportunity to receive support from a licensed professional during life’s most overwhelming or challenging times. Also referred to as therapy, working with a counselor with specialized training and experience can help to identify current problems, assess your strengths and rebuild hope for the future. The process offers clients a safe, compassionate and confidential setting to better understand themselves and others and ultimately achieve goals toward positive change.
What does teletherapy look like?
We are currently offering services through teletherapy only in order to provide a safe and accessible environment for all. In addition to reducing current health-related risks, teletherapy is an effective method to receive essential counseling by reducing barriers to care. Some common situations that especially benefit from teletherapy are:
- You are a new parent with a baby that needs care and attention best provided at home
- You are differently-abled and the accessibility of home allows for maximum comfort
- You are wanting an extra layer of privacy or ease due to anxieties about engaging in services
- You live in a remote area that has limited access to counseling services
- You are looking to avoid the time lost in driving to and from an office
Do you prescribe medication?
Our counselors do not prescribe medication. However, if necessary, they will refer you to a physician who can meet with you and determine if medication can be of benefit to you. Your therapist will work closely with that physician to collaborate on your therapeutic progress. Only with your specific request and written consent, she will also collaborate with your primary care physician to provide holistic care as needed.
Do you accept insurance?
We do accept insurance from the following major carriers:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- Out of Network (at your request, we can provide a receipt of services for you to submit to your insurance or can assist with submission toward your out of network deductible)
For those not wanting to include therapy services and/or related diagnoses in your medical record maintained by insurance providers or those not covered by our accepted insurances, we also accept private pay at the rate of $135 for inital diagnostic intake session and $120 for subsequent individual 50 minute psychotherapy sessions. Payment can be made through cash, Visa, Mastercard and Venmo.
Reduced fees on a sliding scale basis are available on a limited, case-by-case, basis. Financial hardship must be demonstrated.
What is your cancellation policy?
Your appointments are very important to us and therefore our practice reserves times exclusively for your services. In order to ensure fair and effective processes for all clients, the following policies are honored:
- 48-hour notice is preferred as a courtesy to our team when cancelling or rescheduling an appointment; 24-hour notice is required when cancelling or rescheduling. With the exception of a medical emergency, if you are unable to give 24-hour advanced notice you will be charged the full session fee via credit/debit card on file.
- If you forget or consciously choose to forgo your appointment, you will be considered a “no-show,” and you will be charged the full session fee via credit/debit card on file. If you arrive late, your session may be shortened to ensure other appointments are kept. You will be billed the full amount of the session.
We sincerely want to make sessions work for each client’s schedule and encourage you to communicate openly with us about limitations or preferred days/times. We are happy to discuss any of this information in more detail as needed.
How do we get started?
The first step to beginning therapy services is a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation. This allows you to make sure that you are comfortable with the process, your area of need matches our expertise and that you have an opportunity to bring up any questions or concerns you may have. During this consultation, we can also address financial considerations, whether your insurance may provide coverage or information about private pay arrangements.
How long are counseling sessions?
Counseling sessions are 50 minutes long. Brief sessions and extended sessions are available as needed.
How often will we meet?
We typically will meet once a week, but during especially challenging times we may meet more often. Or, as you start to feel better and empowered to cope more independently, we may meet less often. As each client has unique needs, we will work together to ensure our plan works for you.
How long does therapy usually last?
As with the frequency of counseling sessions, the length of services is very dependent on your needs. Sometimes brief interventions may be sufficient to get you through a challenging time but increased severity of challenges or long-term issues may require more. Together, we can decide the length that best meets your needs and adjust as you continue along your healing journey.
You have the right to:
Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
Correct your paper or electronic medical record
Request confidential communication
Ask us to limit the information we share
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
Get a copy of this privacy notice
Choose someone to act for you
File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
Tell family and friends about your condition
Provide disaster relief
Include you in a hospital directory
Provide mental health care
Market our services and sell your information Raise funds
OUR USES AND DISCLOSURES
We may use and share your information as we:
- Bill for your services
- Comply with mandating reporting and other relevant laws
Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
Contact Healing Home
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For immediate help, call 911, visit your nearest hospital emergency room or contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 for 24/7 support.